Established in 1992
Oundle Baptist Church (OBC) was constituted in June 1992 and is a member church of The Baptist Union of Great Britain and part of the East Midlands Baptist Association (EMBA). From small beginnings, meeting in one another’s homes we have now grown to a weekly congregation of over 100 people of all ages from babies to those in their 90s.
Oundle Baptist Church has a leadership team composed of the minister and a team of leaders who are responsible for overseeing different areas of the church’s ministry. As a Baptist Church, members meet regularly throughout the year to make decisions, plan and pray together for the Church.
OBC has a building in the centre of town, at No.1 St Osyth’s Lane, where many of the church’s activities are based and from where we seek to serve the community in which we live.
Our main weekly service takes place each Sunday in the main hall at Oundle Primary School in Cotterstock Road at 10.30am. The service includes activities for children and young people.
As a church family, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we seek to model our lives on Jesus and reach out to others with His love. We do this by having a missional outlook to our lives, taking His message of salvation and His lifestyle into our communities and seeking to share God’s love in relevant ways to those with whom we come into contact.
Worshipping – to live lives that are honouring to God, in doing so we recognise that worship is a whole life encounter with Christ.
Inclusive – in line with Biblical teaching, to treat everyone with dignity and respect recognising that all are valued children of God.
Prophetic – to be a voice of reason and justice into our community and to each other, speaking up and speaking out on the things that matter to God.
Sacrificial – to be prepared, as individuals and as a church, to put the needs of others before ourselves.
Missional – to have a focus on serving our community as well as supporting those working in the wider world. Seeking to bring people to faith in Christ and to show the love of God in relevant ways.
Our Staff Team
Rev. martin hills
Children and families worker
number 1 manager
P.a to the minister
Our Leadership Team
- Liaising with EMBA / BU
- Rotas, Health & Safety, Data Protection
ENABLING MINISTRY/STEERING GROUP
- Finance Team
- Pastoral Care Team
- Sunday Lunch Club
- Fellowship Lunches & Events
- Marriage Course
evangelism and mission
- No 1 Drop in
- Outreach Events
- Men's Breakfast
- Ladies Ministries
- Missions Partners
- Pre-service Prayer
- Prayer Meetings
- Prayer Partners
- Prayer Chain
- Healing & Prayer Ministry (incl. Sundays)
- Freedom in Christ / Deliverance
- Tech support, Sound, Vision & Music
Age related ministries
- Children's & Families worker
- Youth Worker
- Senior's Worker/Team
DIGITAL MISSION & MINISTRY
- Social Media Engagement
- Online Services Development
Discipleship and Nurture
- Connect Group & Pods
- 20's Group
- Spiritual Gifts Course
- Newcomers / Members Course
Enabling Ministry/STEERING GROUP
As a Baptist Church in membership of the Baptist Union we hold the following principles
- That our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, is the sole and absolute authority in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as revealed in the Holy Scriptures, and that each Church has liberty, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, to interpret and administer His laws.
- That Christian Baptism is the immersion in water into the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, of those who have professed repentance towards God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ who ‘died for our sins according to the Scriptures; was buried and rose again the third day’.
- That it is the duty of every disciple to bear personal witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to take part in the evangelisation of the world